Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sigh It Hurts Being Hurt!!!


  I can bet on George Clooney's longevity and Chris Brown's hotness that every  individual has been hurt many a time . Even if  the frequency of gettin hurt is less , it does impact one bigtime.And in case there's a preternatural git who says , " Gettin hurt .... what's that ?"
Well well well  this poem is to educate you on how it feels  and to also empathize  with all my other normal fellow beings who have been through a feeling worse than dirt - 'hurt'.


"Sigh you're downright hurt, you see!"
That's the first thing that my mind tells me.

I feel so damn freaking  low 
and my mind's working admiringly slow.

For a moment I'm just gazing at some insignificant object
and then the emotions just dissipate around my body as if to infect.

My  stomach feels all of a sudden  very tight
As if it loves the thrill of aggravating my plight.

I'm involuntarily inhaling small quantities of air,
wondering if it's the breathing or my anger making my nostrils flare.

My mouth has already assumed a bad scowl.
Oh how I wish I could just get up and howl !

I know I'm so helplessly ,hopelessly and  horribly ANGRY.
But that's countered by a feeling more superior- MELANCHOLY.

And all of a sudden, like a patron of jerks , I flash a fallacious smile,
despite knowing only too well that it won't help erase the feeling so vile.

It's like my world will never be exuberant again.
I know this is how worse it can get when I feel plain pain.  
   
I try all the million possible  means of distraction.
But it's funny how none of them help override the flood of emotions , not even by a fraction.

I  don't give a damn if people would find the matter so trifle 
All I know is that it feels worse than being shot by a rifle.

I'm trying relentlessly to fight back those fiery tears.
A battle which is even one of a sumo wrestler's worst fears.

I know it'll take forever to completely recuperate.
And my, it's gonna be the most dreaded wait.

Oh yes , a person has sponsored  my pangs of worry.
But hey look at the bright side , it alteast inspired in me beautiful poetry !!



 




 









2 comments:

Shwe said...

gosh vinothini...........the poem is so beautiful!!!!!!shit it makes me feel like crying out myself...
luv
shwe

Manasa. K .Kumar said...

awwww
i know how it feels..cuz right now, im going through it !

sigh, i guess these feelings bring out the poet in many people..but wish we had an alternative, never right poems cuz we r so damn freakin happy..lol but yeah thatll NEVER happen ..!

p.s: the tall dark guy - names arent to be mentioned-well he is committed, is from a horrible school, is immature and is going to s'pore in july. nice eh ?