Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Peep-hole into My Soul…….

This time last month I wondered : “ Now that we’re 1829 miles away,
What would I gift kp on her special 16th b’day?

I racked my brains for something that’s different and magnifical.
Then I wondered whether all gifts had to essentially be physical.

I realized that there’s something more precious I can give my friend-
my very own fist-sized yet magnanimous heart to lend.

So I decided to doodle my thoughts about you – and of course us.
Though these are things you already knew , I just wanted to make it more obvious.

So here goes……………

U know what makes our friendship so special?
Well, its just that our love for each other is just not superficial.

Unlike my other friends, I am so easily able to relate to you-
Maybe ‘coz with me u are just plain and true.

What’s best about u kp is that you’re a rare breed without any ego -
Your frivolous and happy-go-lucky presence,I can’t forgo.

I tried to find in you a negative and destructive quality.
But holy crap, after lots of introspection I realized u are never faulty.

You’re concerned about every goddamn person in planet earth-
That makes every soul know what your company is worth.

Hmm if you’re distraught about your future career and what life has to offer ,
Don’t worry coz as you’re always rolling thick , u’d make a good public relations officer.

It’s a downright shame that I had to meet u sooooo late.
However , I can’t find a more perfect and freakish friend ; so you’re worth the wait .

I don’t care if at times in life,I might bat on a sticky wicket-
But with you by my side, all the shit problems I’d easily forget.

Coming from the same background, we have to comply with the norms of society.
But we can handle it really well together, by fortifying our emotional maturity.

We have seeds of love, pleasure, success and money yet to sow;
Hmpf …….. but it’s gonna take a hella lot of time for it to grow.

But meanwhile in this eventful journey, we can cling onto each others shoulders;
With patience, strength, confidence and girl power we can push away all the boulders.

In life’s most trying moments, to recuperate, we’ll have each other.
And in life’s euphoric moments , to rejoice , we’ll still definitely have each other.

In my heart of hearts, I can’t imagine a future without you;
Coz you’re the kinda gurl who could wipe my tears, not just by a mere tissue.

To round it all up I jus wanna say “ KP, u’re indeed de sister of my heart”
We can’t or rather should not be without each other’s company till death do us part.

Happy b’day dj

Friends are like good bras: supportive, hard to find, and close to the heart.

Xoxo,
Vino
&

With a rib-cracking hug,
Bhuana aunty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mch! i had tears flowing afta i read ur mail...as u said physical gifts dnt matter...i rely loved it...i cant write a single poetic line...hence i knw how diff it is 2 write a poem...i'll alwais cherish ur friendship...cheers 4 our friendship!!!!

Dainty doyene said...

Hi Supernova
What a tribute to a friend! Lucky she! Bras & friends- a sort on similar lines-flimsy ones, lacy ones, comfortable ones, branded ones.......Not a bad simile yeah.
Dainty doyene